Here you will find the policies that you may need to access from time to time.
To download a copy of a policy, please click on the relevant heading below.
Olive Secondary Boys School Policies
Adverse weather statement;
Please note that in the event of a severe weather warning that may affect Olive Secondary School normal opening hours, the following procedures will be put in place:
- As soon as we are alerted to severe weather a text message will be sent to parents with regular updates (if you know of a parent that would not receive a text message we would ask that you would help them by notifying them there may be a closure)
- Any decision to close the school will be made by 8am. Information will be text to parents and posted on the front page of the website.
- www.Olivesecondary.org.uk will be updated on a regular basis – you will need to refresh your browser if you stay logged on to the website
- Wherever possible, we will have the school phone manned for telephone queries.
What happens if the weather deteriorates during the school day:
- The school will only close in the event of severe weather or on advice from the Local Authority. The decision will be made by the Proprietor.`
- The decision will be posted on the website and sent by a text message.
- Students that are normally collected will be instructed to contact parents for advice on what to do.
- Students walking home will be advised to walk in groups.
- School will be kept open and appropriately staffed until the last student has left the building.
- Please note that staff are not permitted to give lifts to students.
How you can help:
- Relay the message to anyone you know not able to be contacted by the school.
- Where possible, keep regular checks on the school website.
- Talk through the procedure with your son/daughter and plan with them what they should do in the event of bad weather.
No-Smoking premises statement;
We are a no-smoking premises. Smoking by any individual on campus will not be tolerated. Any student found smoking will be dealt with according to the Behaviour Policy. Staff will be informed during their Induction period. Visitors will be informed on their arrival.
Clearly worded signs are displayed near main entrances.