Inspire* Nurture* Achieve*
Pupils’ social, moral, spiritual and cultural development is outstanding. Pupils are very well prepared for the next steps in education, training and employment.
Student Council is used in the school to promote achievement of the students in its widest forms in a positive way, from the classroom to the lunch hall and helping out around the school. It is also a way of developing vertical integration in the school to complement the horizontal integration that the form tutor system provides.
The Student Council Consists of:
· Is the chief spokesperson and officer of the Student Council;
· Calls meetings;
· Chairs meetings in a fair manner ensuring that all have an equal say;
· Has the casting vote if voting is divided equally
· Signs any letters, notices etc. that are issued by the Student Council;
· Liaises with school management;
· Ensures that the Student Council is run effectively and efficiently;
· Prepares the agenda for each meeting with the Secretary;
· Signs the minutes from the previous meeting with the Secretary, on acceptance.
· Takes over the responsibilities of the chairperson when he/she is not available;
· Assists the chairperson in the organization of the Student Council;
· Accompanies the chairperson to meetings when necessary.
· Prepares the agenda for each meeting with the Chairperson and in consultation with the other officers of the Council;
· Circulates the agenda to all members in advance of the meeting or at the start of the meeting;
· Takes minutes at meetings and writes them up;
· Distributes/reads out minutes from previous meeting and on acceptance, signs them with the Chairperson;
· Sends out letters and notice of meetings that will be held stating time and place;
· Ensures that everyone is aware that meetings are being held.
· Manages any funds raised by the Student Council;
· Keeps financial records in order and reports to the Student Council on the current financial status of the group;
· Makes a brief financial report at every student council meeting;
· Provides the Council and Board of Management with a complete financial report at the end of the school year.
· Keep the whole school informed about the activities of the Student Council;
· Keep notice boards updated;
· Help produce the Student Council newsletter, if the school has one;
· Take lots of photographs of Student Council activities to accompany any reports or notices for the board;
· Promote good communications between the Student Council and students, teachers, school management and parents.